The number 13 is synonymous with bad luck, but here are 13 tried and tested ways to make your brand distinctively different.
- Observe your competition – get a good picture of their market positioning and understand how you compare
- Identify market trends – recognise any consistent trends that could be used to map your business strategy
- Talk to your stakeholders – listen to employees, suppliers, clients, customers and wider audiences as they can provide valuable insight and inspiration
- Conduct a communications audit – review all your printed and digital communications to determine what’s working well and whether messages are clear and effective
- Review your brand architecture – review the way in which the brands in your portfolio are related to, and differentiated from, one another
- Discover your brand 'DNA' – define the set of distinctive characteristics that make your brand different
- Define your brand positioning – develop a clear understanding of why you exist, how you will execute and what you offer the market
- Articulate your brand promise – describe your brand’s unique value, and the benefits of doing business with you
- Create positioning statements – establish and protect your vision, mission and values, for they are your guiding principles
- Develop a brand strapline – summarise what your brand stands for in just a few words
- Create key messaging – develop a toolkit containing the key terms, brand messages, proof points, and audience-specific messaging that can form the basis of all your communications
- Develop your brand, marketing and communications strategy – define the guidelines on how, what, where, when and to whom you communicate your messages
- Write a marketing plan – understand your market, identify business opportunities, set clear, actional objectives, and create a marketing and communications action plan
Distinctiveness is the art of making your brand look and behave like itself. Without the advantage of distinction, you leave your brand vulnerable to insignificance. By discovering everything about your brand you can make the distinctively different possible.
Whether you’re looking for brand creation, evolution or revolution, a sense of discovery enables you to explore new possibilities and invent the absolute opposite of ordinary. So, don’t just be different. Be distinctively different.
Start your distinctively different journey today
+44 (0)7941 178 302